Monday 30 December 2013

Dermatologist Appointment (SPAAARRR-TAAA)

Today I went in to see my dermatologist and told him all I knew about TSW. He tried to convince me to use steroids and although he did know of Topical Steroid Dependency, he still didn't think that what I am going through, is actually TSW. His explanation of why he thinks this is not withdrawal were pretty vague... something about the inflammation and redness being active eczema, or just hyper-pigmentation (I'm brown! I know what hyper-pigmentation looks like but I've never been this purply red before, I swears it) but nevertheless he said he will look into Dr Rapaport's papers and that if I think this is good for me, he will try to support me through the withdrawal.

This surprised me somewhat because the other dermatologists I have seen weren't even willing listen and scoffed at my research (Ohhh you-are-not-a-doctor-how-can-you-possibly-conduct-research-blah-blah) so I had come in expecting this to be a battle ....but it wasn't, I am pleasantly surprised. He even knows of Dr Rapaport, THE Dr Marvin Rapaport from Beverly Hills, and said he was a famous dermatologist and well... I just feel a bit giddy with relief.

Gah.

1 comment: