Wednesday 16 April 2014

Yay for sunshine!

It has been a beautiful week this week in the UK, and I've been soaking up the sunshine. I recently had a bloodtest done and my results indicated a fairly severe lack of vitamin D in my blood serum, as well as weirdly high TSH levels. I am now taking vitamin D supplements as well as sunbathing, and I haven't seen any changes to my face yet but sunbathing feels so nice. (I've never sun bathed in my life before, us south Asians try to stay out of the sun since paleness is considered beautiful,  just one of those things, the grass always seems greener on the other side... I digress).

My skin is feeling stronger but I still have really dry red patches on my face and ofcourse it is still very much pigmented. I miss hanging out in town with a Starbucks frappucino, gossiping away with my girlfriends in the Sun. I am too self conscious to be outside my house for too long...

I know my withdrawal hasn't been as tough as other people's and I'm grateful for that but it still affects me. I'm trying not to let it but it's hard... I don't look people in the eye anymore... I wish I could move it off my face and put it in a different location, like me back. That way I wouldn't have to confront it every time I walk past a reflective surface.

I do hope everybody who is affected by topical steroids get some relief soon. The community at the ITSAN Forum has been a great source of comfort to me. Happy healing guys!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I just really wish the pigmentation goes awayyy. Also I've just taken a look at your blog and wish you all the best, just keep in mind that the beginning is always the hardest and you are taking it so well! x

      Delete
  2. hey mishi!! buddy relax u will b fine soon inshaAllah..just have to pass 2014..2015 will be a healed year for u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. >_< Insha'Allah! We will both get there :)

      Delete