Wednesday 22 January 2014

2 months in.

It has been 2 months since I decided to quit corticosteroids. My face is pretty much the same, a red, flaky, dry, literally hot mess. Oozing has reduced (w00p w00p) and the redness seems to now be affecting my neck abit. It's just a few small spots but they are so horribly itchy. I'm aware that tsw can still spread... That's fine and all,  I really just want my face cleared up (and because I've only applied topical steroids on my face, this probably won't happen any time soon... Bummer).

I feel so helpless right now, I've been housebound since the beginning of tim- erm tsw. The hardest part of this process is not knowing when healing will occur. I don't want to return to work still feeling so uncomfortable and looking like the phantom of the Opera but I really love my job too, so I'm full of worries. If I start using steroids again, the past 2 months of extreme discomfort would have been for nothing and I know I would regret it. So here I am, stuck between a rock and a hard place.

3 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I found your blog on itsan and I thought I would go in here to say hi :) We almost stopped at the same time with ts, you are one month ahead of me and it's 'nice' to follow the ones who are new to this! I have a blog as well: Johannabe.blogg.se , it's in Swedish tho but I have pics if you want to see. Do you have it on your face only? Or other parts of the body as well? I basically have it all over :( Feel like shit and it's itching constantly!!!

    Have a nice wkend!
    xx
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo,
      Nice to meet you ^_^. Nice blog (I used google to translate ^_^) Yes, at the moment, it is just on my face but it might spread later on.... >_<, I really hope it doesn't, my face is so red and I can't hide it, its really annoying. Hope you are doing okay, the first few months are always hard, it will get better soon! Just remember, you are not alone. <3

      Mishal

      Delete
    2. Hi!
      I think my first flare is about done! I'm still not normal looking but I'm not as red and the dryness is almost gone. Just holding my breath for the next one... Which is gonna be worse right? Well that's what I've heard!
      Anyway, thanks for your reply and hope we will heal fast!
      x

      Delete